Maintenance Programs: Cargo Holds
Cargo hold cleaning solutions from Drew Marine and Chemo Marine, a Drew Marine Business, protect both your ship and your recipient’s cargo. Our special-purpose products and expertise contribute to educated decisions that promote fast, effective hold cleaning and minimal port time while also optimizing sustainability practices.
With over 38 years of experience as chemical experts in the marine industry, Chemo Marine Chemicals, a Drew Marine Business, offers high-quality cargo hold cleaning solutions combined with the global network of the Drew Marine worldwide support team. Learn more about Hold Cleaning solutions from Chemo Marine today.
About Our Cargo Hold Maintenance Program
Drew Marine has just launched KATHAROCARE, our new premium line of cargo hold solutions. Even better cleaning in less time!
Make sure to ask your representative about this new offer!
Drew Marine carries a complete suite of MARPOL Annex V compliant chemicals and equipment for your dry bulk cargo operations. These include cleaners, temporary hold coatings and cargo hold cleaning kits. Our cargo hold cleaners aid in compliance with MARPOL Annex V requirements and our cleaning kits assist crew members in cleaning cargo holds safely, efficiently, and effectively.
MARPOL Annex V Maintenance Products for Cargo Holds
The following cleaners are recommended for cleaning specific cargo residues in accordance with the recommendations listed in this guide and comply with MARPOL Annex V Amendments.
- KATHAROCARE HCHF
- a high foaming, water-based, alkaline cleaner that has been specially formulated with detergents, surfactants, and corrosion inhibitors that offers remarkable results for the cleaning of the cargo holds after the loading of Petcoke, Coal, and similarly tenacious dry bulk cargoes.
- KATHAROCARE NOR
- a heavy duty, water-based, alkaline cleaner that is specially formulated for providing a more dedicated solution for the cleaning of Nickel Ore residues.
- KATHAROCARE FA
- an additive solution for enhancing the foaming effect for the products. It increases the effectiveness of the cleaners on the vertical surfaces of the cargo holds by extending the reaction time building up more concentrated foam.
- AMEROID RSR
- a liquid combination of an acid, an emulsifier and a passivator for removing rust stains, scale, and light cement residues.
- A liquid acid scale remover for removing heavy cement residues, limewash, and scale.
- A multi-purpose, heavy-duty, alkaline cleaner specifically formulated to meet the marine industry’s requirements for cleaning action, safety and environmental considerations.
- ENVIROMATE 2000
- A water-based cleaner formulated to meet the marine industry’s strict requirements for safety and performance.
- A liquid alkaline cleaner with a combination of fast-acting detergents, wetting agents and alkaline cleaners blended in a water-based carrier.
In addition to our cleaners, we also provide easy-to-use equipment to monitor pH levels in bilges and neutralizing chemicals for acidic bilge water.
Other Maintenance Programs
Cargo and Fuel Tanks
Minimize risk and help maximize revenue with cargo and fuel tank maintenance solutions. Drew Marine’s special-purpose products and expertise contribute to educated decisions that promote fast, effective tank cleaning and successful surveys while also optimizing sustainability practices.
Keep your crew safe and healthy while remaining sustainable. Drew Marine’s CREW CARE program produces cleaner, healthier working environments with less hazardous products. Key to the program is the chemistry management system to manage chemical dosage and usage on board via the dispensing system and instructions and simple to use color-coded and number coded products to ensure the right product is used for the right application.
Engine Room Maintenance and Cleaning
Not only does engine room cleanliness ensure smooth operations — it means everything for the safety of your crew. Drew Marine offers maintenance chemicals and products for well-kept, safer, and more efficient engine rooms.
Drew Marine offers cost-effective programs for sustainable sanitation system maintenance, complete with biobased products that, when used routinely, can help avoid unwanted back-ups and expensive repairs.
Get More Information
Maintenance programs from Drew Marine are supported by a global network of expert service engineers. Our dedicated worldwide support team of experts is here for any questions regarding services, programs or our products. Get in touch with a representative today.