Maintain Cargo Hold Cleanliness
Maintaining cargo hold cleanliness is vital in the process of transporting goods and materials. Inadequate cleaning can result in contamination, not only leading to damage claims from recipients, but also increased risk of corrosion and damage to your hull. Using non-approved cleaners can also lead to possible port state penalties, meaning less time earning at sea and failure to meet delivery times.
MARPOL Annex V Maintenance Products for Cargo Holds
The following cleaners are recommended for cleaning specific cargo residues in accordance with the recommendations listed in this guide and comply with MARPOL Annex V Amendments.
- HOLDBRIGHT XF
- Heavy Duty Multipurpose Water-based degreaser for Cargo Hold Cleaning (Coal, Pet Coke, etc.)
- CEMENT REMOVER SUPER
- Specialized, Heavy Duty Acidic cleaner for Cement & Cement Clinker cargo residues.
- LIME OUT
- Specialized, Heavy Duty Acidic cleaner for Limewash & Limestone cargo residues.
- CHEMO BAUXITE REMOVER
- Specialized, Heavy Duty Acidic cleaner for Bauxite & Iron Ore cargo residues.
- HOLD BARRIER & HOLD BARRIER CONCENTRATE
- Water-based Temporary protective coating used prior to loading in cargo holds.
- HOLD BARRIER XR
- Ready-to-Use, Water-based Temporary protective coating for corrosive cargoes used prior to loading in cargo holds
- ALKASOLVENT LIQUID
- Basic Formulated, HD Alkaline-based detergent for Cargo Hold Cleaning (vegetable oils, animal oils, fats, and light mineral oils, coal) A water-based cleaner formulated to meet the marine industry’s strict requirements for safety and performance.
- PETCOKE REMOVER
- Specialized, bleach-based HD cleaner for Pet Coke cargo.
- RUST REMOVER PLUS
- Heavy-Duty, Phosphoric Acid Based de-ruster for Cargo Hold Cleaning (Tank Top de-rusting and Passivation)
- NICKLE ORE REMOVER
- Specialized formulated Alkaline cleaner for Nickel Ore cargo.
- FOAM BOOSTER
- Foam boosting additive for alkaline cleaners
In addition to our cleaners, we also provide easy-to-use equipment to monitor pH levels in bilges and neutralizing chemicals for acidic bilge water.
Cargo Tank Solutions
Get More Information
Cargo hold and tank solutions from Drew Marine are supported by a global network of expert service engineers. Our dedicated worldwide support team of experts is here for any questions regarding services, programs or our products. Get in touch with a representative today.